Re: kernel source (file name and location)

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:00:13 -0700,
"M.Forbes" <stptr@telus.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 000801c369b1$2ae6c300$f43251cf@bc.hsia.telus.net>:

>  I need to know what the name and location would be as for the
>  kernel-source in order to get my Ethernet card working. I was getting

..ok, you told us you own your card, which is reasonable, and that it
does not work, which I agree is less reasonable.  Now, if you like
advice on getting your card working, you might consider giving us
a wee clue on which type card it is.

>  an error in line 27 that the kernel source was not able to be found.
> I was able to find that I have to adjust the following line of code:
>
> #ksrc :=/usr/sr/ksrc/RedHat/7.2/linux-2.4.7-10alt-ent

..non-standard old kernel, so I pass.  Url?

> I am currently running the woody 3 distro of Debian with kernel
> 2.4.18. Can someone throw me a clue? (I tried #ksrc
> :=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.x.xx but there are no files that are
> showing in my usr directory or the subdirectories there of )

..you most likely wanna replace that kernel source tree path
with your own tree path.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: