Re: kernel source (file name and location)

* M.Forbes <stptr@telus.net> [030823 22:00]:

> I am currently running the woody 3 distro of Debian with kernel
> 2.4.18.
> Can someone throw me a clue? (I tried #ksrc
> :=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.x.xx but there are no files that are
> showing in my usr directory or the subdirectories there of )

You need to install the package kernel-source-2.4.18. Then you will
find the file kernel-source-2.4.18.tar.bz2 in /usr/src. Unpack it with
tar -xjvf kernel-source-2.4.18.tar.bz2 , and the kernel sources will be
in /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18.

Yours sincerely
  Alexander