Re: Best way to upgrade a single app (apt-get update, not upgraded)

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 01:05:19PM -0400, David Corbin wrote:
> In attempting to follow the suggestion below, I end up with this:
>
> trombone:/home/dcorbin# apt-get upgrade
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages have been kept back
>   spamassassin
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1  not upgraded.
>

> How  do I find out WHY it won't upgrade spamassassin?

'apt-get install spamassassin' and see what it says. My guess is that
the new spamassassin depends on the new package spamc, and 'apt-get
upgrade' doesn't install new packages. In that case, 'apt-get
dist-upgrade' or 'apt-get install spamassassin spamc'.