Re: Best way to upgrade a single app

Hi,

* David Corbin <dcorbin@machturtle.com> [030821 10:45]:
> I have a production system, that I do NOT want to migrate to testing/unstable.
> But, I would like to upgrade one particular package (spamassassin, in this
> case) to a more recent version.
>
> What is the recommended way of doing this?  Should I just download and build
> the upstream package?  Can pinning help me?

It's easier to get the source package from testing or unstable and
then build it against the libraries in stable (ie backport it). Easier
still is to look at www.apt-get.org and find if someone else has
already backported it. I just checked and it seems you are in luck.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test3-looxt93c1 i686 GNU/Linux