Mouse Problems

I have just installed Debian (the latest, I forget the number) and got it
going graphically with Window Maker. Can't get the mouse to work though.
It is installed on /dev/psaux and the pointer is on the screen but immobile.
This particular machine is dualed with Windows 98, so I looked up the mouse
and though it is a Logitech mouse, Windows lists it as a PS/2 mouse.

When I ran "dmesg" it showed the Com 1 was listed as tty00 and I tried it at
that setting and got the same result.

Can someone point me in the right directions with this please.

Thank you in advance,

Bill

--
William Bradley