Re: rms on debian

What gets me is what does the G stand for in GNU?

I get the rest of the saying GNU is Not Unix, but it still does not
come up with what the G stands for.  At least AFAIK no one has ever
come up with a good reason for the G other than GNU.  Maybe someone
can explain it to me who know these things better.  I also thought it
was a no/no to refer to a name within a name without a definition?

How can I understand RMS when I don't even understand GNU?

Rthoreau