Re: rms on debian

%% Rthoreau <Rthoreau@iwon.com> writes:

  r> What gets me is what does the G stand for in GNU?

It stands for GNU.

GNU is a "recursive acronym".

GNU expands to "GNU is Not Unix".  Then you say, well, what does the
"GNU" in "GNU is Not Unix" stand for?  It stands for "GNU is Not Unix".
So then you have "GNU is Not Unix is Not Unix".  Etc., to infinity.

  r> How can I understand RMS when I don't even understand GNU?

That is a very deep question, for sure.  I won't attempt to answer it
here.

But, GNU is just an example of "hacker humor" :).

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools