How to upgrade kernel and another question about nvidia driver

Hello everybody,
I just made my X-server work with the help of some
people in the list. Now I have other questions.
I have installed woody on my machine and I think the
kernel version is 2.2.20. Now here are the questions:
1. What is the latest stable kernel?
2. Where can I get it and how should I update the
kernel?
3. I am still using the old nv driver for my nvidia
RIVA TNT2 graphics card with framebuffer set to off.
If I want to update to new nvidia driver, which files
will I need and what is the procedure for changing the driver?

=====
Hooman
A newbie in Linux world