RE: Printing help, please.

Hi all,
I received a suggestion to run 'cupstestppd and to check printcap. The result from
cupstestppd was a blank line on screen and no activity from the printer. Printcap
returned some info about my printer but I have no idea where to add a call to
/var/run/cups/printcap, I couldnt find any info about printcap in the man or info
pages. I looked through the error log for cups, it looks like cups thinks its printing
but the printer doesnt know it. Ima bout ready to give up on trying to get this particular
printer working with debian, and just use sneaker net for my printing needs. (No fault of
Debian, its a lexmark printer --windoze_xp threw up a red flag when i tried to setup my
lexmark X63 usb printer -- guess its what i get for buying cheap)

Thanks to all that helped,
mw.