Re: APT::Cache-Limit 16777216 still needed?

Greg> It is needed. If you have a ba-zillion deb and deb-src lines and all
Greg> three/four Debian tick-marks. (stable, testing, unstable, experimental).

I see.  Can one tell what APT::Cache-Limit value is without resorting
to the source?  apt-config dump doesn't tell default values.  Would
adding this capability be a good wishlist item?  However, I was told
not to report any more apt bugs. So perhaps somebody else could.