Re: CUPS, gnome-cups-icon continually eating memory, slow video performance

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 04:16:55PM +0200, Roman Brodylo wrote:
| Hello there,
|
| think I have a bug here, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, a memory leak like that is definitely a bug.

| I'm running testing and my system slows down to a near halt if it's been
| up and running for hours. Slows down meaning workspace switching,
| switching from one window(app) to another takes really long (15 seconds
| and up). Closing a window, you can watch it slowly disappear line by
| line down.
|
| Took a look at the gnome system monitor, process view and saw
| gnome-cups-icon as the process with the largest memory 200+ MB.
| While I'm writing this it has grown from 30 to 45MB; just logged in an
| hour ago.

| Does anyone know what's going on?

All I can say is that you have the 'gnome-cups-manager' package
installed (based on a search on packages.debian.org).  My
recommendation would be to remove that package and just use the web
interface (http://localhost:631/) to manage cups instead.

HTH,
-D

--
If Microsoft would build a car...
... Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/