Re: telnet localhost slow, telnet 127.0.0.1 ok

RUPERT LEVENE wrote:

Indeed. Netcat and galeon appear to do the right thing too, while
telnet, lynx and links all suffer from a delay. (I first noticed the
problem using lynx). My guess at the moment is that the combination of
a slow machine and a slow nameserver is exposing an odd bug in these
programs. Although I would be surprised if this were the case since
telnet and lynx have such a long pedigree...

And you're sure these aren't socks clients?

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

"The Torah...  The Gospels...  The Koran...
Each claimed as the infallible word of GOD.
Misquoted, misinterpreted, misunderstood, and misapplied.
Maybe that's why he doesn't do any more interviews." - sinfest.net

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc