Re: apt-get install c-compiler

Dan Jacobson said:

> Indeed I see I have a "subscription" to every new version, with no
> automatic mechanism to get rid of the old. Is this the ideal situation?

since they are seperate packages ..they won't remove each other.
if you want to maintain just 1 C compiler and have it upgraded whenever
it is upgraded stick to the 'gcc' package I think. that's what
I have on my systems anyways(everything I run is on stable, even
my desktops and laptops so my gcc is 2.95.4)

nate