Re: emacs & spell checking broke

"Rodney D. Myers" <rdmyers@pe.net> writes:

> A quick question concerning emacs & spell checking.
>
> I have emacs20/emacs21 installed, and aspell, aspell-bin, aspell-en, to
> work with sylpheed.
>
> Since aspell, evidently supersedes ispell, now emacs does not spell
> check, complaining about not finding ispell.

Aspell should coexist nicely with ispell.  It doesn't supersede it in
any way (except perhaps in functionality).

> What are my options to getting emacs to spell check again?

Either install ispell or tell emacs to use aspell for spellchecking.
Just adding the line

(setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")

to your ~/.emacs should be enough.

--
I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis.