"Solved"... ?? Re: CUPS fails outside of Gimp. HP1200 LJ

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 11:25:03AM -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> My printer stopped printing yesterday and I can't figure out what happened
> from debugging output from CUPS.  In most cases there is no apparent
> I have tried modifying the printer through localhost:631, deleting it and
> recreating it, reconfiguring and reinstalling all cups* through
> 'dpkg-reconfigure' and 'apt-get --reinstall install' ...
>
> The installed packages (all Sid) are
> 	cupsys   cupsys-bsd   cupsys-client   cupsys-driver-gimpprint
> and there was no recent upgrade leading into this problem.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions for me to try??  I'd like to purge the packages

My thanks to Tom Shemanske for a private reply and a copy of his .ppd file
(cups-o-matic/foomatic based?).  I didn't have foomatic installed, but did
try one other thing which seems to have worked...

I unplugged the darned printer for 15 seconds (it has no on-off switch).

Now it prints like nothing happened, using a .ppd file off the HP CD (the
hp1200_7.ppd file).

I'm tempted to modify the printer via localhost:631, but...

Thanks for the response, Tom!

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,