Re: emacs & spell checking broke

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:09:52 -0700
Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> wrote:

> > Since aspell, evidently supersedes ispell, now emacs does not spell
> > check, complaining about not finding ispell.
>
> Aspell should coexist nicely with ispell.  It doesn't supersede it in
> any way (except perhaps in functionality).
>
> > What are my options to getting emacs to spell check again?
>
> Either install ispell or tell emacs to use aspell for spellchecking.
> Just adding the line
>
> (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
>
> to your ~/.emacs should be enough.

This is weird. For the past few weeks, I've been trying to install
ispell, but it kept wanting to remove aspell.

I just tried installing ispell again "sudo aptitude install ispell" just
now, and it's working as I type this email.

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@pe.net>	Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO: