can't post via gmane.linux.debian.user

I notice nntp postings via gmane.org's gmane.linux.debian.user
to this group never get posted, even though NNTP returns 240 OK
and http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/ says
"This list is not moderated, posting is allowed to anyone."
On gmane.discuss they have no further solutions.
I don't know if the following is related:

>> Which newsgroups are you gatewaying to, and which groups are
>> read-only?  I think if we isolate that, we might be able to move
>> forward.

Jan> I'm reading the ML as 'gmane.linux.debian.user' and I think I also
Jan> have 'linux.debian.user' in my list.

Jan> The first handles postings to the Newsgroup quite well, the latter is
Jan> AFAIK not as good.

-> news.gmane.org
-> www.gmane.org