Building Ati Radeon 9000 module for Debian bf24 Kernel

I've downloaded the drivers for Xserver 4.1.0 from Ati's web site. Although there are over a dozen pre built modules for the 2.4 linux kernel none of them match Debians. The ati drivers come with the source code and a script to build a module for what ever version of the kernel your running but I'm running into a problem.

When I installed Debian I selected the BF24 flavor of the pre built kernel but I've check and there are no source packages for it. Since I couldn't find the sources for Bf24 I downloaded kernel-source-2.4.18. I modified a line in the make script to point to /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18/include/linux. When I run the make script it tells me I have an incomplete version of my source files.

Am I pointing the make script to the right directory? Can I build a module for the bf24 kernel using the kernel-source-2.4.18 source code?

Thanks for any help.