Re: Building Ati Radeon 9000 module for Debian bf24 Kernel

Hello

lameth (<lameth@comcast.net>) wrote:

> I've downloaded the drivers for Xserver 4.1.0 from Ati's web site.
> Although there are over a dozen pre built modules for the 2.4 linux
> kernel none of them match Debians. The ati drivers come with the
> source code and a script to build a module for what ever version of
> the kernel your running but I'm running into a problem.
>
> When I installed Debian I selected the BF24 flavor of the pre built
> kernel but I've check and there are no source packages for it. Since I
> couldn't find the sources for Bf24 I downloaded kernel-source-2.4.18.
> I modified a line in the make script to point to
> /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18/include/linux. When I run the make
> script it tells me I have an incomplete version of my source files.
>
> Am I pointing the make script to the right directory? Can I build a
> module for the bf24 kernel using the kernel-source-2.4.18 source code?

Maybe you have to configure the source first (use the config file in
/boot for this). Or you try to compile the driver using the
kernel-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4 package instead of the source.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen