Re: Traditional Install or Knoppix?

I installed via Knoppix.  Things went smoothly and I have had no
problems with the apt-get upgrade process.

However....

There are *situations* to think about:
 - By default the install goes into a single partition.  There are
   howtos to get the /home directories onto another partition, but that
   is the default.
 - By default the user that is installed is named 'knoppix' again there
   are howtos to install with a different user.
 - once installed vs running from the cd, knoppix loses all of its
   unique hardware detection capabilities.
 - knoppix installs alot of packages that a typical user - especially a
   newbie doesn't need

Within the situations described, I am pleased with the install.  It was
very quick and easy and does give a user a very workable system.

Cheers,
Lou Losee

* Darryl Barlow <darrylb@iprimus.com.au> [2003-08-17 06:02]: