Re: Traditional Install or Knoppix?

A friend of mine (newbie) installed Debian by way of knoppix. I didn't
know about knoppix so I basically thought that he screwed up BIG TIME on
his install. I could not figure why on earth he'd need a logical volume
manager, why did he install everything under a single partition, why did
his vfat partitions were mounted with their device names (ex:
/mnt/hda1), etc etc etc. I also remembered seeing files owned by a user
"knoppix" all over the places but was not aware of that install system.

Now that I know, I'll stay well clear of it. My friend's system is quite
sub-optimal -- not to say totally screwed up-- as it is (even
considering he's a newbie who likes to tamper with stuff).

Jeff