Re: Traditional Install or Knoppix?

Darryl Barlow wrote:

I plan to install Debian unstable on another machine. Whenever I have done this in the past I have started with a Woody install from cd followed by apt-get dist-upgrade which of course works well. However, is there any disadvantage to installing knoppix and then using dist-upgrade? Might save me some time and bandwidth.

Any opinions welcome.

regards,

Darryl

Last I tried (about a year ago), the Knoppix install didn't allow you any control over your partitioning. So if that's important to you . . . .

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)