Re: how NOT to work with debian

On Monday 11 August 2003 4:11 am, Damien Solley wrote:
> Looks like X is running fine. You just need a window manager other than
> twm!
> from a console, edit your ~/.xinitrc file. For simplicity, this file can
> have just one line, reading:
> 	startkde

That fails - command not found

> That'll start kde (if it's installed correctly). Otherwise you can
> specify:
> gnome-session #(To start gnome 2)

that fails - command not found.  Not that I am really sad about that: I never
have got on with Gnome.

> xterm	#(to start an xterm)

That works.  I think.  Never used it before.  It opens a big grey screen with
a little white terminal widow containing an active and operational shell.
Also the mouse is working.  I expect that is the correct operation.

So it is KDE that is incorrectly installed or configured?

--
richard