Re: Good Debian-based distro

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 01:48, Loren M Lang wrote:

> I'm looking for a good debian-based distro with a good and user friendly
> install program.  I love debian much better than redhat based distros
> mostly for the packaging system, especially all those apt-* commands.
> Though for my less linux experienced friends, I have to install debian
> for them if I want to get them to use it.  I've heard of Libranet, Corel,
> and Xandros OS that are debian based but haven't tried any of them.  Any
> recommendations or should I just have them use redhat or mandrake?

Libranet is very user friendly.  It has a text-mode installer, but
does a good job of h/w detection.  It's KDE based, if that's a
concern.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                            |
| "Man, I'm pretty.  Hoo Hah!"                                  |
|    Johnny Bravo                                               |