newsx problems

I am trying to install the newsx NNTP client on my boxen and am getting nowhere at hyperspeed. I don't know what the fsck I'm doing wrong, but as I said, I'm getting nowhere.

For the record I am running testing.

I sued into root (naturally) and did my usual
 apt-get install -u newsx

Responce was:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  newsx
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded. Need to get 0B/139kB of archives. After unpacking 360kB will be used.
Reading package fields... Done
Reading package status.. Done
Retrieving bug reports... Done

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Gnome
debconf: (DISPLAY problem?)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Dialog
Selecting previously deselected package newsx.
(Reading database ... 68075 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking newsx (from .../archives/newsx_1.6-1_i386.deb) ...
Setting up newsx (1.6-1) ...

I read the manpage (not one of the easier ones to read *sigh*)

Then I try to start newsx, and the response is:

killerbyte:~# su news
killerbyte:/root$ newsx
sh: newsx: command not found
killerbyte:/root$

So, can anyone tell me what, obvious thing I am missing?

Thanks

	sjs

--

        SJ Straith
        linux@sarahj.net

** There is always more than one way to do a job.         **
** The object is to pick the most effective way to do it. **