Re: festival won't speak

 Hi Rick,

 you wrote :
> I used to be able to run festival but now I get the following error:
	festival> (SayText "This is a test.")
	lexicon english_poslex not defined
> These are the modules I have installed:
	ii  festival           1.4.2-2.1 speech synthesis system
	ii  festival-doc       1.4.0.1-6 Documentation for Festival
	ii  festlex-cmu        1.4.0-3   CMU dictionary for Festival
	ii  festlex-oald       1.4.0-1   Festival lexicon from Oxford Advanced
	ii  festlex-poslex     1.4.0-3   Part of speech lexicons and ngram from

 festival works well on my standard woody system
 i have same version of festival package (these are packages, not modules)
 version of festlex-poslex however is 1.4.0-1 in woody
 in unstable, version of festival is 1.4.3
 maybe you are mixing incompatible versions ?
 maybe if you upgrade festival to latest unstable it works again ?
 or, if you are running woody (you didnt say),
   then purging and replacing with standard versions fixes it ?

 hope this helps,

 Siward