Re: is exim attempting to relay ???

Also sprach Pigeon (Fri 08 Aug 02003 at 09:54:23PM +0100):
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 11:10:47AM -0500, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> > I don't think that is it, since -- unless I'm terribly mistaken -- it
> > appears that the whole process starts with an incoming mail message,
> > with malformed headers, which is bounced.  What confuses me is, where
> > does this address:
> >
> >    sophie.bourcier@wanadoo.fr
> >
> > come from?
>
> It's the reason I have *@wanadoo.fr in /etc/exim/blocked.senders:
> knocks out stupid MS virus spams. That line just rejected another one
> a few days ago, on my system.

Yes, I understand that.

However, I am trying to understand what is happening in my example
bounce, because -- it looks to me as if -- this is a new type of
malicious tool that bypasses normal anti-relaying configuration.
Somehow, even though I am not an open relay, somebody sent mail to me
that my system bounced, then relayed anyway . . .

What am I missing?

--
Best Regards,

mds