Re: How to clean/align printer cartridges in Debian?

Roberto Sanchez wrote:

--- Kent West <westk@acu.edu> escribió:
I haven't used a deskjet in years, but recently acquired one for my Debian box. The black ink seems to be a problem, smearing, skipping, etc.

I seem to remember from back in my Windows days there were some tools in the "Toolbox" to do such things as align the ink cartridges or clean them. Is there such a means in Debian to accomplish this? I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to printing in Debian; I've managed to install cupsys and foomatic-filters-ppds and configure the printer via Moz at "localhost:631", but there's not anything I see there for cleaning the cartridge.

What brand printer is it?  I know someone has written a tool for the Epson
family of printers that will do that, but I am not sure about the others.

HP Deskjet 1000C

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)