Re: USB Storage, Digital Camera, devfs, scsi, mounting hotplug

 --- Andrew Perrin <clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu> escribió:

> On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Darryl Barlow wrote:
>
> > I am running Debian Unstable with a 2.4.21 kernel, and am trying
> unsuccesfully
> > to connect my sony cypershot DSC P7 via usb storage.
> >
> > I won't post logs at this stage.  However, syslog and messages show that
> the
> > camera is detected and fully recognised.  Also, host1 is being created
> under
> > /dev/scsi.  However, /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0 is empty.  Scsi disk
> > support is enabled in the kernel.  It appears that the device node is not
> > being created nor symlinks set up etc.
> >
> > Any ideas would be most welcome.

> What's the contents of /proc/usb/*?

Actually, check the kernel config to make sure you have these options enabled.
I had the hardest time figuring out why dmesg showed my USB mouse and
SmartMedia
reader as recognized, but then not let me access them.

#
# SCSI support type (disk, tape, CD-ROM)
#
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y
CONFIG_SD_EXTRA_DEVS=40
# CONFIG_CHR_DEV_ST is not set