RE: Helping the newbie

Said : Andreas Janssen:

> ... Sarge or Sid are usable for
> desktop systems (at least many people use it, I use Woody with KDE 3),

May I ask another newbie question? Are both of these statements accurate?
They are not precisely the impression I get from this page:
http://www.debian.org/releases/

but if sarge is a stable operating system for my desktop, then I imagine it
might be smarter for me to install that, rather than woody. I am behind a
NAT hardware firewall, so I presume some security issues may not be of
tremendous concern to me.

I am a complete Linux newbie and I am hoping to install Debian on a second
machine, just as soon as I can purchase said machine. :)

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,
Hershel Robinson
Jerusalem, Israel