Re: Debian Woody, KDE startup does not go past "Peripherals" phase

Hi,

I have a similar experience with Woody on a laptop.  If I turn off the
sound daemon <booting into a plain X session and then with an editor
modifying the KDE config files> I can then get into KDE.  In the KDE
control center the aRts should be off.  This did it for me.  Interestingly
Knoppix 3.2 recognizes the sound card but fails on modprobe
"sound-slot-0".

You can go to the .ked/share/config/kcmartsrc file and set
"StartServer=false" <quotes are mine> and see if that helps...

cheers

--
Luc Lefebvre

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities,
in the expert's mind there are few.			<Shunryu Suzuki>

Key fingerprint = D2E5 5E35 B910 6F4E 0242  EC63 0FD9 96D0 C7F4 784E