Re: cdrecord suddenly doesn't allow burning

Sridhar M.A. wrote:

>    > On my system, everything works if I chmod +r /usr/bin/cdrecord
>    >
> Do it the debian way. Add yourself to the cdrom group. /dev/scd0 has
> root.cdrom as owner. That will solve the OP's problem.

Actually, I did it the Debian way with dpkg-statovveride.

I am in the cdrom group, and cdrecord belongs to the cdrom group, but if the
r flag isn't set (even only for the cdrom group) I can't seem to be able to
execute it.

I admit of not knowing exactly why, however... :)

Should I RTFM about scripts and permissions?

--
Danilo Raineri, danirain@tin.it

Key:    http://oracolo.mine.nu/Danilo_Raineri.gpg.asc
Fpr:    FB6E A0BE 33A9 CE42 E1AC 89E8 ED4A A56F F6B9 8A4A