Re: Adding a default outgoing sig to exim4

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 16:51, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

> No.  Read this to get an understanding of the technical and
> non-technical issues of such an attempt :
>     http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

See below, I did mention sig and not disclaimer :)
but thanks for the link, it proved a few laughs.

> If you want to append a signature, configure your mail client to do
> so.  In mutt this is done with a line like "set
> signature=~/.signature".  I don't know what squirrelmail requires for
> that.

I 'm asking this question, as I will be setting up a local small
companies mailserver using exim4 and they wish to append an automatic
signature, and not a disclaimer, i.e their company name, main contact
and website.

I asked the original question regarding my mailserver, as that (like the
company) is running sendmail, so using mine as a test bed for testing
the signature addition, I can iron small things like this out on my
network, also having a sig/disclaimer set by the mailserver, takes some
of the hassle for users to add it to each of their mail clients and
keeps the client happy, but they can add their own as well personal
name and stuff if they really want to make the sig a 4 page essay

Mark