Re: Adding a default outgoing sig to exim4

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 02:31:50PM +0100, Mark C wrote:

| I'm currently in the middle of replacing my mailserver (running sendmail
| still) with exim4, and I would like to append a default signature to all
| outgoing mail (preferable not to internal mail, but this I can live with)

| If anyone has done this successfully?

No.  Read this to get an understanding of the technical and
non-technical issues of such an attempt :
    http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

If you want to append a signature, configure your mail client to do
so.  In mutt this is done with a line like "set
signature=~/.signature".  I don't know what squirrelmail requires for
that.

-D

--
"640K ought to be enough for anybody" -Bill Gates, 1981

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/