Re: Radeon 9000 Pro
- To: Antony Gelberg <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Radeon 9000 Pro
- From: Peter S Galbraith <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:24:03 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] 2454.1060143843@mixed>
- In-reply-to: Message from Antony Gelberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> of "Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:50:16 BST." <01d501c349f5$b628acc0$4c809bd9@PULSEDESKTOP>
- References: <email@example.com> <006201c348c1$b5b8c8e0$4c809bd9@PULSEDESKTOP> <002301c348c6$32ffb850$4c809bd9@PULSEDESKTOP> <00a001c348d8$0a3a3af0$4c809bd9@PULSEDESKTOP> <20030713022916.GA2906@pigeon.pigeonloft> <01d501c349f5$b628acc0$4c809bd9@PULSEDESKTOP>
Antony Gelberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >> Antony Gelberg wrote:
> >> > Maybe not. The site is NLA. I've emailed Daniel Stone to see where
> >> > his Woody backports live these days, meanwhile if anyone knows where
> >> > they are, please feel free to share!
> >> >
> >> > Antony
> >> Right - apparently apt-get.org is wrong and Daniel never had any XF86 4.3
> >> for Woody. If I build it myself, how can I get apt to behave as if that
> >> version is installed?
> >Yes he did. I've got it. From
> >http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages/xfree86. It's still there...
> Weird. I wonder why Daniel told me otherwise. Anyway, I'll try it. I'm
> getting by with the VESA driver, but obviously it's kind of pants. Then
> again it helps me get away from WinXP...
Coming into this very late, but I booted knoppix and it detected my
Radeon 9000 Pro and set it up with DRI support. I installed it to
ii xfree86-common 4.3.0-0ds4 X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
ii xserver-xfree8 4.3.0-0ds4 the XFree86 X server