Re: Ooops. I've broken my command line.

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 12:01, Kent West wrote:
> chris harrison wrote:
> >I've been trying to configure my machine (woody) to authenticate
> >with the PDC on the local win2k network, using samba, winbind and
> >pam.
> >

> Without accounts on the local machine?! Oh, man, if you get this done,
> write up a how-to. Please. Seriously.

It's really not that unusual a thing since winbind came out, there is
already plenty of good documentation, like here for starters

and especially in the winbindd man page

winbind provides both nss and pam functionality so you can make any
service that uses pam use windows domain authentication I frequently
"ssh -l domain\\username linuxserver"