Install X windows

Hello all,
I have installed a test system with potato debian and want to have the KDE installed onto the system. The problem that I am facing is I do not have a text browser to search for packages and install them. Which packages would I need to install in order to get KDE installed on to the system? Can I add Xwindows after I have installed the base system ?(using apt?) If so where could I get the packages to install the same? Please help me out.

Many thanks,
Shashank