Galeon Bookmarks toolbar gone

My bookmarks toolbar has vanished and I can't get it back.  The option
on "View/Bookmarks toolbars" has a little checkmark next to it.  The
other toolbars (Menubar, Status, Toolbar) all show.  They disappear when
I uncheck the option on the View menu, and come back when I check the
option.

I've looked through the preferences, and played around with the options
related to the toolbars.  Nothing seems to help.

(Galeon version 1.2.5 on Debian testing)