Re: aptitude upgrade - I don't want a select package(s)

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 02:44:12PM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:47:11 -0400
> ScruLoose <scruloose+debuser@eastlink.ca> wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 08:13:57PM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:

> > > How do I keep from having this particular package downloaded?
> >
> > I suspect that what you're looking for is the "hold" feature of your
> > package-management tool. In aptitude I think you hold a package by
> > hitting the '=' key on it. If I understand it correctly, hold tells
> > aptitude "Keep *this* version of this package, whether it's current or
> > not".
>
> Thanks. I think you may mean dselect, but I'll look around.

Nope. I believe that particular behaviour is the same in dselect, but
personally I prefer aptitude. I've just verified in the aptitude README
that hitting '=' on a package does indeed put it on hold.
Aptitude also has a command-line option to hold a package.

	Cheers!
--