aptitude upgrade - I don't want a select package(s)

When I do my weekly update, I'm getting a maintained package that is not
numbered along side the package release(s), and it causing this
particular program to be downgraded every week.

How do I keep from having this particular package downloaded?

Unfortunately, I use this particular package every day.

Thanks.
--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@pe.net>	Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO: