Re: aptitude upgrade - I don't want a select package(s)

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 08:13:57PM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> When I do my weekly update, I'm getting a maintained package that is not
> numbered along side the package release(s), and it causing this
> particular program to be downgraded every week.
>
> How do I keep from having this particular package downloaded?

I suspect that what you're looking for is the "hold" feature of your
package-management tool. In aptitude I think you hold a package by
hitting the '=' key on it. If I understand it correctly, hold tells
aptitude "Keep *this* version of this package, whether it's current or
not".

	HTH
--