Re: Realtek RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Hi,

Thanks Antony for your response.

The error message that I got was:

=====================================
Installing module 8139too. If the device isn't there, or isn't confugred correctly, this could cause your system to pause for up to a minute.

/lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/net/8139too.o:init_module: Devide or resource busy Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect moduule parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters /lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/net/8129too.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/net/8139too.o failed.
/lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/net/8139too.o: insmod 8139too failed

Installation failed

Please press ENTER when you are ready to continue.
=======================================

I'm pretty sure that the network device was attached correctly, because the light indicator is on when I connect it to the network.

About the kernel and output of lspci, I'm afraid I can not answer because I don't know how to obtain the information about the kernel and there's no meaningful output when I type lspci from the console.

Thanks for your help.
Best Regard,

Agung S

Antony Gelberg wrote:

Agung Suyono wrote:

Hi All,

I'm a new Debian user.  I got a problem on istallation.  My network
device, Realtek RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter, was not detected.
When I tried to configure it using "Configure
Device Driver Module" during installation process, it asked me to
enter a command line argument.  The installation manual says that I
have to consult with the documentation for that kernel driver.
Anybody knows where I can find that kernel driver documentation?
When I didn't enter anything, the installation failed.

Thanks for your help.
Best Regard,

Agung S

We'd be more able (and willing) to help if you told us what the error
message was, and what kernel you were trying to install with (2.2 or bf24).
Oh, and output of lspci from the console that you can get to with Alt-F2
during install.  (that is if lspci is available at that point)