Re: Realtek RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Agung Suyono wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm a new Debian user.  I got a problem on istallation.  My network
> device, Realtek RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter, was not detected.
>  When I tried to configure it using "Configure
> Device Driver Module" during installation process, it asked me to
> enter a command line argument.  The installation manual says that I
> have to consult with the documentation for that kernel driver.
> Anybody knows where I can find that kernel driver documentation?
> When I didn't enter anything, the installation failed.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Best Regard,
>
> Agung S

We'd be more able (and willing) to help if you told us what the error
message was, and what kernel you were trying to install with (2.2 or bf24).
Oh, and output of lspci from the console that you can get to with Alt-F2
during install.  (that is if lspci is available at that point)