Re: (more progress) Network card not detected or listed in installation

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 14:41, ThinKer wrote:
> Just for fun (and because I am frustrated and looking for other
> options at this point), I downloaded and installed the Mandrake 9.1
> network.img boot disk and booted my machine with it.
[...]

FWIW, I have a parallel problem (in another thread here), trying to
install the bf2.4 version on a thinkpad with a realtek pcmcia network
card.  The driver for that is absent from the bf2.4 version, but I
wanted 2.4 for the ext3 fs.  My machine also installs correctly from
Mandrake 9.1 - also from knoppix (actually morphix).  It is truly
frustrating not being able to connect to the internet to fetch the
parts necessary to connect to the internet...

Commiserations,

--
richard