Re: Activating ACPI supend and ACPI Hibernate in klaptop

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 02:00, Marino Fernandez wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 July 2003 11:19 pm, Mark Roach wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 23:43, Marino Fernandez wrote:
[...]
> > > How do you do or try swsusp... how do you suspend the machine?.
> >
> > I don't personally, I tried it once, didn't work easily, so I just leave
> > the thing running :-) Getting versions of acpi and swsusp for the same
> > kernel, modifying osl.c to import my modified dsdt, etc. I am lazy.
> >
> > If you are more ambitious than I, look at swsusp.sf.net or just do like
> > I do and wait for the 2.6 series kernels to be released with all the
> > hard stuff done for you... well, most of the hard stuff anyway
> >
> I am running 2.6.0-test2 (with all the acpi stuff compiled into the kernel),
> that is the reason I am perplexed, I though I had everything set, but
> apparently klaptop needs some command to suspend or hibernate my laptop.

did you also compile in swsusp? (Under power management options)? If
not, you'll want to recompile. If so, read swsusp.sf.net for more info
on how to use swsusp. I can't help you with klaptop, you should try to
get it working manually first.

-Mark