CD Boot Problem

I am trying to install Debian on my computer.  I used jigdo to get the iso.  Then I burned the iso to cd.  When I try to boot from the cd, the drive spins up then spins down a lot.  Sometimes I get a message from the BIOS that there was a boot failure.  Other times, It starts booting, but then I get a message from the software on the cd that there was an error and that I should try again.  When I try to access the cd on another os, It is accessible, but it spins up and down a lot.  Also when I try to small text files on the cd sometimes there is a long delay (45 sec or more).  The drive works well with other cds though.  I'm not sure what is wrong.

MA