Re: Unable to connect DShot II camera

Tim wrote:
Hi,

I've just bought the Oregon Scientific DShot II digital camera.  I can't
access the images.  Does my kernel need reconfiguring?  Or is it
something to do with usbdevfs?

The error message reads:

hub.c: USB new device connect on bus 1/3, assigned device number 2
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=2 (error=-110)
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus 1/3, assigned device number 3
usb.c: USB device 3 (vend/prod 0x919/0x100) is not claimed by any active
driver.

I'm not sure that's a problem: As far as I understand, gphoto2 talks to the camera as a generic USB device.

It could, as you say, be usbdevfs, if gphoto2 uses that.  what does
# cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
say?

I've installed gphoto2 from unstable, in which the DShotII camera is listed.

tim@debian:~$ gphoto2 --list-ports
Devices found: 2

Path                             Description
serial:/dev/ttyS0                Serial Port 0
usb:                             Universal Serial Bus

tim@debian:~$ gphoto2 --auto-detect
Model                          Port

Most of the gphoto2 faq's revolve around permissions to the usb device:

http://gphoto.sourceforge.net/doc/manual/permissions-usb.html

It also seems to depend on hotplug support. Do you have the package "hotplug" installed?

Specifying the camera makes no difference.  I can access my Nikon 4300
via /dev/sda1.

That means you're using usb-storage to access that, which is fine, but I don't think your DShot II supports usb-storage. Gphoto2 is using a different mechanism to access the DShotII, so it might be a configuration problem with the USB.

Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks, Tim

My relevant kernel config:

# USB support