cnews or inn2 ?

I need to set up a handful of local only groups for workgroup
collaboration. I have no experience with NNTP administration whatsoever
although I'm getting reasonably comfortable with mail/web/etc. server
administration. Which software should I use ? cnews and inn2 both seem
to be good choices with different features/complexity compromises, but I
would welcome more information about their respective merits.

Also, I am running all authentication from a LDAP tree. Is it possible
for cnews or inn2 to authenticate from LDAP ? If not, I guess I'll
export LDAP data to a text file as the NNTP server sees fit, but that
would not be as nice.