nvnet module troubles (WAS: Re: I can't find the file /usr/src/linux/scripts/modpost but I need it)

 --- ramzez@netcourrier.com escribió:

> so, after regenerating modpost, I succeed in compiling nvnet
> the patch which work (at least with test2-mm1) is here :
> http://penna.dyn.dhs.org/nvnet.2.5-1.diff

Can you give me a step-by-step on this, because I patched my nforce driver and
compled it with -test1 and -test2, but it wouldn't work becuase it would hang
the machine anytime I tried bring up the interface with DHCP, and if I
configured it statically, the network was still unreachable.

Also, I noticed that my CPU utilization was about 50-75% (when idle) whenever
I would run 2.6.0-testX.  Have you also seen this?  I can't figure it out,
as my machine (Athlon XP+ 2500) runs fine under a 2.4.20 and my laptop (Pentium
III 700) runs the 2.6.0-test2 just great without ridiculous amounts of CPU
utilization while idle.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es