Re: I can't find the file /usr/src/linux/scripts/modpost but I need it

Le Mercredi 30 Juillet 2003 01:05, Roberto Sanchez a écrit :
>  --- ramzez@netcourrier.com escribió:
> > I try to test the kernel 2.6-test1 with my nforce2
> > so when I compile the nvnet driver, i need the file modpost in
> > /lib/modules/2.6xxx/build/scripts
> > in fact, i have modpost.c and modpost.h but it seems it is not compiled
> > Do you know how I can get it compiled ?
>
> The mospost script is only present after configuring the kernel source with
> 'make config' (or another variant).  However, the nforce drivers will not
> work with any 2.6 kernel (or any kernel after 2.5.48 because of a change in
> the kernel module format).
>
> There are several patches floating around that claim to allow the nforce
> module to work with new module format, but the three or four I have tried
> have not worked at all.
>
> If anyone else out there knows of a way to get the nforce working they
> might be able to point us in the right direction.
>
> -Roberto

I have a happy news for you : I found the solution
as you pointed, the modpost executable is created by "make config/menuconfig/xconfig...", so it is easy to regenerate it
in fact it is deleted at the end of the kernel compilation (when i use debian way with make-kpkg) : I think it's a bad thing and I wonder on the need of such a thing

so, after regenerating modpost, I succeed in compiling nvnet
the patch which work (at least with test2-mm1) is here :
http://penna.dyn.dhs.org/nvnet.2.5-1.diff

for nvaudio, i use the i8x0 alsa driver present in the kernel source tree : it works pretty well (as well as nvaudio)

I haven't tested usb yet, but I don't think there could be a problem with it
so everything seems to work well for me now

good luck for others  ;)

PS : I use ACPI without apic, and it seems to work well too

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 ? TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 ? TTC/min)